Parker and Adam during a match of "Bad Guy" wherein Adam is said Bad Guy and Parker and Madelyn are the Good Guys who try to wrestle the bad guy to the ground and just generally "get" him. Parker's preferred method of "getting" involves taking a running leap and then hurling himself on Adam. The game usually ends with Adam being vanquished by the Good Guys and everyone comes up for drink of milk so they can be strong enough next time to get the Bad Guy again. We didn't have a problem getting the kids to drink milk before, but now they go through it as if we have a cow tied to the back deck!
Putting legos together.
A little Christmas love.
This was about all the Christmas photo cheer we could get from Meredith.
We had a great Christmas. We keep waiting for the year when the kids wake up at some obscene hour but so far each year it's been a very respectable 7:30-ish. We started the day with reading Luke 2 and then watching it (we acted it out the night before, which made for the start of a really fun tradition). After that, we put the cinnamon rolls into the oven and began opening gifts one at a time. The kids were really patient while waiting their turn to open presents. When I was growing up, Christmas was one big 15 minute free-for-all. I think I like this way better--we all get to enjoy seeing each present, and there's not the same aftermath to clean up!
The rest of the morning was spent playing with gifts and getting ready for the day. We spent the afternoon at the house of some of our friends and we had a lot of fun with them.
That evening we had a light dinner, meaning Christmas cookies and fruit, and then the kids went to bed. Christmas was everything we hoped it would be: a lot of time together as a family, fun time spent with friends, and total overindulgence in tasty food!
Happy NewYear!


8 comments:
Glad to hear you had a nice Christmas.
Christmas dinner sounds great....cookies and fruit! I might have to try that one!
I am glad to hear you had a great Christmas. Your pictures are so cute! I hope you and your family have a happy new year!
Sounds like a great Christmas dinner--sounds like our Christmas breakfast and lunch!
I may just have to introduce this Bad Guys game to Peter and the kids...it could be a great distraction and keep them busy for a while. :)
We also took turns opening presents. Before Christmas morning arrived, I had this idyllic idea that the kids would pause to play with toys as they were opened, but that didn't really happen until most of them were opened (although my bookworm daughter did stop opening presents once she opened a kid's book about "Your Body" - like mother like daughter!).
Adam, I'm glad to see that you are still wrestling and this time with willing participants!
Happy new year! Thanks for the christmas card. Now you guys have our blog address!
I loved your christmas card! Glad to hear that you had a good Christmas!
Post a Comment