Friday, December 12, 2008

The Return of Finish It Friday!


A bow holder. I think it needs little black dots around the perimeter and a bow to finish it off. What do you think?


These are bows from some adorable ribbon that my sister sent me to make bows for her new twin girls. I had soooo much fun doing these!


These are some receiving blankets also from gorgeous flannels that my sister sent me for the aforementioned sweet new twins.


One of my favorite Christmas memories from my childhood is being invited over to my grandparents house in early December. My grandma invited each of her older granddaughters over individually to help them make a Christmas gift for their mother. There was something wonderful about creating a gift for someone you loved, with someone you love. She was a very talented seamstress and often sewed something beautiful for us. Since that time I have always loved making gifts, although I'm not nearly the seamstress that she is, I still find satisfaction in creating something to give to others. Now for the "keepin' it real" portion of the post: even though I enjoy making gifts, the majority of the gifts I give are purchased! However, I have made a couple of things lately that were so fun to do and I wanted to share them since I'm finally FINISHED!




7 comments:

Kasey said...

I love it all. The colors are so bright and cheery. Good picks.

Elise said...

I love those flannels, super cute! Thanks for the sweet memory you shared, and what a good example she set.

If it helps you any, for my raggamuffin garland I got 1/3 yd each of about 8 different fabrics. I got 1/3 of a yard because then they were already cut into 12 in pieces, all I had to do was cut them into 2 in wide strips. I thought 2 in was plenty wide, but it still looks good and it might bulk it up more than if you cut your strips 1-1.5 in. My garland ended up being 2 1/4 yards long. In the picture I have it doubled up. I spent $25 (shhh don't tell) on fabric but I was buying Moda. You could easily make it cheaper by going to JoAnns and maybe using a coupon or something. Oh and it wasn't all that time consuming, not like I thought it was going to be.

One more thing, I tied mine on that really fat jute, it worked good and it is flexible.

JenAndrewAva said...

I love all of the bows and bow holder. I should buy some cute fabric and have you make some for Ava or next time you are in town you can teach me how to make them!

Robyn said...

Those bows are adorable...I'd love to learn how to make them!

Unknown said...

I love the bow holders. I need to make that for my girl's bows. I love the blankets too...So Cute!

Shea Family said...

Oops! I saw the all the amazing things you made and ruined the surprise!! It's like I peeked on Christmas morning! I absolutely LOOOOOOVE ALL OF IT! It will still be a fun surprise to get in in my hands, put the bows on the girls' heads, and wrap them in flannel luxury ;). "Casual Luxury 2008"?!?

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

I love the blankets. They look cozy.