Friday, January 30, 2009

Hot Chocolate Therapy

So, I really love living here in the Midwest. I like the seasonal changes. For a few months, I even like the snow that seems to fall incessantly. I don't mind shoveling the driveway, wearing 5 layers IN THE HOUSE just to stay warm, and I like building a snowman with the kids as much as the next mom, but unfortunately my winter tolerance ends before the winter season does!

This is where the hot chocolate therapy comes in. My best friend gave me this recipe years ago and it has served me well through many a winter season. I used to make it in a respectable quantity (which is the quantity I'm sharing with you), but I now quadruple the it so I can share the chocolatey goodness with everyone else I know who needs a break from winter!

1 1/2 c. powdered milk
1 1/2 c. flavored powdered creamer
3/4 c. white sugar
3/4 c. cocoa powder
1 tsp. salt

Add 1/4 c. per mug and stir in 6-8 oz. hot water.

This is a recipe that allows for a lot of flexibility; I like to try a different flavor of creamer each time. Hope this warms you up too!

3 comments:

Elise said...

MMMM! Sounds good. I like mine really chocolatey, Nate makes fun of me because I usually double the mix and keep the same amount of water. ;) Hope Parkers foot is on the mend!

val m said...

Thanks for the therapy today - it was perfect after I screamed in your ear. (I was sure I was going to hit something on my ice sliding!!! ) It was a wonderful treat and I'll have to try the recipe! You are too kind!

Sonja said...

We make our own hot chocolate too. It really is therapy!