Thursday, January 22, 2009

Visitors, Bows, and Paint


It's been a while since I posted, but I have some good things in the works!

This past weekend we enjoyed a visit from Pops, Granna, and Beka. We know they love us because they are willing to visit from AZ even when the daytime high here is 10 degrees! We drank lots of hot chocolate, played games, and generally tried to stay warm. Within minutes of their leaving the kids were already asking when we would see them again. We had a lot of fun--thanks again for coming!








A couple of nights ago I hosted a bow-making party. I love making hair bows, but it was so much more fun to do it while sitting around with a bunch of friends! This picture does double duty--it shows off Meredith's new bows, and also the new shade of yellow on the walls. I love how the paint color looks in the kids' rooms--it's bright and sunny, which is a wonderful contrast to the eternally gray skies that make January so dull here. I'll show more of their rooms as I complete them.



4 comments:

val m said...

I love the paint color!! I'll have to come and sit in it when I get the winter blues!!

Kasey said...

When is the next hair bow night??? No really, I'd be willing to host it at my house next. I want to make more, it was a lot of fun. We'll buy our own clips though.

Elise said...

Cute bows, I love the ones in Madelyns hair. hmmm maybe someday ;)

Brrrr! 10 degrees, maybe next time you will have to visit them in AZ and take a break from the cold.

Kristen said...

I love the yellow walls. I miss my yellow kitchen from SLC. It really brightens up the room.