Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A Closet Encounter

At the beginning of the school year I arranged the girls' closet so that Madelyn would have access to her clothes. This had two purposes: She has always been an independent kid and likes to be able to do things herself, and putting clothes away is my least favorite part of the whole laundry process! I installed (doesn't that sound professional--it is a wooden dowel with holes drilled on either side and strung up with a rope) a second rod on one side of the closet at just her height. I then made some of these nifty labels out of craft foam and my trusty Sharpie. She loves the control it gives her and I love that she gets to put away her own clothes! I just installed a rod in Parker's closet last week and it seems to be equally successful!








8 comments:

Lindsey said...

What a great idea. I am looking for ways to help Jadyn become more independent. I will have to steal this idea soon!

Mishqueen said...

Ha ha, coming from someone with an organizing obsession of her own, I LOVE that you have separated long shirts from short shirts. It gives me warm fuzzies. (and I'm crazy)

Kasey said...

Good idea. I bet my Stella would like to do that.

The Brown's said...

Cute blog Jennie! I feel bad it has taken me so long to comment. I am really bad at keeping updated and on top of things. #3 has kept me so busy WOW! Anyway great idea because I too usually have baskets full of clean folded laundry ready to put away and just dont want to do it. Take care- Nicole

Unknown said...

I love this idea. I love anything that has to do with organizing and this is GREAT!

Maile said...

This is great! I've been wondering how I can create a clothes rod at Kaia's height - your idea is so perfect yet simple!

Dave and Courtney said...

I love the closet organizer Jennie! LOL! It seems like you guys are doing well. We're happy for you. Keep in touch! Dave $

Shea Family said...

The closet looks like a department store now..you know I love that!