Parker is our local dinosaur expert. He knows things about the species I had yet to learn in my 32 years of life, like the fact that the Compsognathus was the size of the modern chicken and Deinonychus had a sharp claw on one of its toes. He routinely begs for us to go in the woods behind our house so we can go fossil hunting.
Monday was a snow day here and Parker thought it would be great fun to go fossil hunting. I told him that it would have to be done in the house until the spring time when we could reasonably dig around in the dirt outside. He dressed in his fossil hunting garb and disappeared. After a while he came asking for a piece of tape so he could put a sign on the bathroom door. Admittedly, I was a little suspicious of any sign a five year old boy would want to put on a bathroom door. When I read the sign I had to laugh; if there are any dinosaurs passing through the neighborhood they'll now know where to stop in for the comforts of a lavatory thanks to Parker!


4 comments:
I LOVE the sign...and Parker's protective glasses. This is another time it's too bad we can't live closer to you - my kids are going on at least their 2nd year of dinosaur obsession. I, too, have learned much more than I ever thought I wanted to know about dinosaurs - I don't remember ever going through a dinosaur phase.
Too funny!
That's great. Such creativity.
That is adorable. Great penmanship too!
Post a Comment