Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

I won't even offer an excuse as to why it's been FOUR months since I last posted here. But here are some cute Halloween pictures. It was a busy week and I think I can say that we celebrated Halloween thoroughly enough!


This was at our homeschool Halloween party on Thursday. The kids got dressed up, made a ghost, heard some cute Halloween stories and did some games. For lunch we had spider web pizza and candy corn pizza. With all the sugar the kids would be consuming in the next few days, Jessica was good enough to bring some veggies and Rachel made some bread sticks that were completely divine. Kendra made a darling Frankenstein pudding cup to top off the party. And, while we got pictures of the kids eating the food, we have no picture of the festive food before it was summarily ingested!


Here's the crew ready to trick-or-treat on Saturday night. Madelyn was Kirsten Larson the American Girl, Parker was a U of M football player and Meredith was his cheerleader. I made Madelyn and Meredith's costumes and borrowed Parker's, and I figured Rhece wouldn't care so he got a ghost sewed to a shirt. Maybe next year he'll get a real costume:)










We went to the ward Trunk-or-Treat on Friday night at the church. There were a lot of fun games and Parker in particular was a fan of the apple bobbing. Some of the other highlights included a cake walk (because the kids totally needed more sugar) and a game where you stuck your hand into a box and tried to guess, based on the texture/temperature, what was in the box. Parker was grossed out by the slime that stuck to his hand in the "brain" box.

Last night we hit up a town that was holding their trick-or-treat festivities Saturday instead of Sunday. Apparently the rest of western Michigan got the memo about that neighborhood too because we weren't the only ones there :) Adam kept waiting for someone to ask for some ID to prove we lived in the neighborhood before they handed over the candy. We met up with some other friends from our stake and took the kids around. The kids were pleased with the stash they amassed and went to sleep quickly once their heads hit the pillow.

No comments: