Yesterday we went on a hike in the foothills near our home. It was just warm enough, and blessedly overcast. The only annoyances were the gnats that were flying around, but other than that we had a great time. As it turned out, we finished just in time. As we were hiking back to the car, a thunderstorm rolled over the mountain and it started raining. Thankfully the lightning didn't start until we were IN the car!
I would be remiss if I painted the picture as being too rosy though. In the first half of the hike there was enthusiasm and excitement. Mid-way through the hike, the excitement began to wane a bit as fatigue set in. Adam and I had to supress our laughter as one of our children, fed up with the gnats and large ants yelled, "get me off of this stinkin' mountain!" I told Adam I felt like we were on the set of the original "Parent Trap" when Vicki yells something like, "get me out of this stinkin' fresh air!"
The other big news of the week is that Adam and I celebrated our ten year anniversary. Since it was a busy day during the middle of the week, we decided to stay home and celebrate our family's "birthday" with a nice dinner and tasty dessert. The kids loved being able to take part in the celebration. We've had a lot of fun and made some wonderful memories in the last ten years, and I can't wait to see what the future holds!
Sunday, August 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
What a gorgeous wedding photo!
I'm glad you guys are surviving away from Kzoo!
Post a Comment