The birthday boy with his birthday "goatee" after he licked the beaters I used to make the frosting.
He was very pleased with all the sprinkles.
Parker had his fourth birthday this past week and we celebrated with the usual trimmings. His favorite gift was a set of Lincoln Logs. Today he got out the Little People farm to go with his new homestead.
One of my favorite things about Parker is how much he likes to sing. He hums a lot when he's thinking or playing (or using the commode!) but I love it most when he sings songs in his sweet little boy soprano at the top of his lungs.
Parker was very excited to turn four and today I realized one reason that he was. He asked me what we were going to do tomorrow. When I told him, he had a thoroughly unimpressed look on his face and said, "but Madelyn said when I was four I could go to preschool, so I want to go tomorrow!" I hated to burst that bubble, but I told him that preschool starts in the fall and that we could do preschool things at home until the fall. Lucky for me, that appeased him.
This weekend we also enjoyed a visit from our friends, the Fords. They were passing through the area and stayed the night with us. On Saturday we took the kids to the local children's museum and they had a great time. We love having such great friends!


6 comments:
Happy birthday, Parker!! That is so cute/funny/sad about him wanting to go to preschool. Kids have such a different sense of time than the rest of us.
Happy Birthday Parker. I could here him singing yesterday when they were practicing the program.
Happy Birthday Parker! He is such a cute little boy! You have to love those happy hearts!
Hope your little boy had a great day! How cute is he!
Happy Birthday to Parker! I love the new picture at the top of your blog, very festive!
Happy Birthday Parker. I am so glad that you have a blog so that we can always see the fun things that are going on with your family. Hopefully someday we will live a little closer so we can see you a lot more! Happy Holidays!
Post a Comment