Sunday, December 13, 2009

Impromptu Track and Field Night







Winter has arrived here and so our indoor "help-the-kids-run-off-their-energy" activities have also begun. The other day what started as simple tower building ended up as an impromptu obstacle course and high jump event. Madelyn's determination showed up as she insisted on getting her tower up to ten blocks and then leaping over without knocking it down. There were hits and misses, but overall it was pretty impressive to watch. Before it was all said and done we had all taken turns in the events, although Meredith's goal was not to leap over the tower, but to run through it. I think she liked the crashing sound!


What do you do for fun in the winter?

4 comments:

Robyn said...

That look so fun!
Looks like when my kids get bored this winter, I'm sending them to your house!

Kasey said...

Well I bought a mini trampoline. And the Wii is also a great tool to keep them active.

val m said...

Very Creative! Love it!

Stace said...

I love the action shots! Until we live somewhere with actual seasons, our winter play is pretty much the same as our spring, summer, and fall play. I will, however, be scamming all your good ideas in the years to come. :)