Thursday, February 4, 2010

Rhece's Two-fer


His first two teeth for the price of one teething session--I do love a deal! When I poked around in his mouth last week there was nothing, and then yesterday these two little teeth. I was surprised because he has been a bit fussy, but not teething fussy.


In other news, Adam is in Lake Tahoe for a fellowship interview this weekend. I don't envy his travel schedule (although I wouldn't mind a trip!) which usually includes late nights and early mornings with lots of driving and/or flying in between. We'll be glad to have him back more regularly by the end of the month.


Madelyn and Parker have both started piano lessons. We planned on starting Madelyn now, and then Parker later. However, after the first lesson, Parker was completely distraught that he couldn't start too. For now they both practice happily and frequently. I thought I'd better record that in writing. I know that is liable to change at some point! If you're looking for a peppy rendition of "Skip To My Lou" or "Mary Had a Little Lamb", come on over for a recital!

5 comments:

Kasey said...

Reece is so cute. That is great that your kids are that ambitious and willing to learn. Parker amazes me!

val m said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
val m said...

I love his eyes!! He is such a precious little one!! He is a special one!!

Maile said...

Wow, Rhece is so cute!! I've been wondering when I should think about starting piano lessons for my kids. I remember all too well my mom having to constantly remind us to practice the piano, and I don't want to become a drill sergeant just yet. :) But my kids have been showing an interest and I don't want them to lose that.

Elise said...

Way to go Rhece!!
I am so impressed that you have started your kids in piano lessons. I started when I was about Madelyn's age, and I think that it is awesome that Parker is interested.