Friday, October 10, 2008

Finish It Friday

I hereby declare Friday on my little blog planet as “Finish it Friday.” Ever since I can remember, I’ve needed deadlines to help me get things done. When I was a teenager my mom told me she should have named me Scarlet (of Scarlet O’Hara and Rhett Butler fame. She was notorious for saying, “tomorrow is another day”). I started making to-do lists back then just because I liked to cross things off, in fact I would sometimes add things to the list that I had already completed just so I could cross it off (Am I the only one who does this?)! To this day I have a to-do list that has several carry-over tasks from previous weeks. Right, as if I’m suddenly going to like tackling that ironing pile or putting patches on kid clothes. Therefore, I will hold myself publicly accountable to get at least one thing done by each Friday that I haven’t yet completed in a timely manner! I look forward to using this deadline to get fun projects done too and I can’t wait to share it electronically and cross it off my to-do list!

This week I start with one of my least favorites, which is of course why it has been on my list for 6 weeks running: mending. Madelyn and Parker both had pants that needed patches, not because they’re worn out, but because they’re brand new and I don’t want them to get worn out quite so fast. Now that it’s substantially cooler they need the pants, and this week I finally got around to it. Admittedly, not the most thrilling start to “Finish It Friday,” but the mending is done (for now)!

What have you finished lately?

2 comments:

Stace said...

Oh, if you could only see the sticky-note jungle of to-do lists on my desk! Most of my accomplishments are school related and totally unfulfilling.

My big success this week was in ignoring my schoolwork and arranging the thousand little gourds and pumpkins I bought last week into something approximating Fall decor in my apartment. It's an isolated and artificial Fall, to be sure, but at least in here I can pretend. I'm so jealous of you!

Maile said...

I absolutely write things on my list just to cross them off!! I just heard a great idea that I've started - a running to-do list that I keep in my planner. This is a list of all those things that need to be done sometime soon, but I only pick one or 2 to add to every day's list. Then it feels like I'm actually getting stuff done instead of re-writing the same to-do list every day!