She has yet to pronounce the words, but Meredith is no stranger to the concept. Weighing in (as of a week ago) at 20 lbs , she can hold her own with Madelyn and Parker. This morning Meredith and Parker were in the shower and it didn’t take her long to figure out that being in the warm water stream was much preferable to being in its chilly overspray. Since Parker was in the water, she first squawked at him, and when he didn’t take the hint, she shoved him! I’d like to say that I’m not sure where she picked up that move, but unfortunately I’m quite sure she’s seen that before between Madelyn and Parker!
In addition to maintaining her water rights, Meredith now insists on feeding herself. I had been letting her do the non-messy foods like apples, pretzels, pieces of bread, etc. while I continued to feed her things like oatmeal and chili. Using the aforementioned squawk, she lets me know at every meal now that my services will not be needed. It takes twice as long, but she usually gets more food in her mouth than she does on the floor, so we both end up happy.
My baby is officially a toddler!


1 comment:
I'm so happy you a blogger now too!! Welcome, welcome. Where is the that cider mill? That sounds like fun. You page is really cute.
Post a Comment