Friday, October 17, 2008

Finish It Friday

For this week's installment of "Finish It Friday", I am happy to report that I regained control of my ironing basket, and it currently sits empty, after a full four weeks of adding to it and ignoring it. I usually know it's time to tackle the ironing when it's the dead of winter and the only shirts Adam has to wear to work are short-sleeved. However, last week I got so tired of seeing the mountain sit atop my dryer that I took it all downstairs to the basement storage room that sits dark most days. I felt much better not seeing that huge to do pile everytime I walked in or out of the garage entrance (which is where the washer and dryer are located). And happily, I only felt kind of guilty knowing that the pile still existed, just not in my constant sight. But now, guilt be gone--I'm free at last!

I'm thinking next week's project will be something fun, not that the last two posts of mending and ironing haven't been sensational, but, you know :)

4 comments:

Elise said...

I can totally relate to your ironing pile. Although Nate only has about 2 weeks worth of shirts. My mom thinks I'm crazy ironing that many shirts at one time, she thinks I should do it every couple of days. But I would rather suffer for two hours every two weeks than 20 min every 3 days! :) Plus put the kids to bed and put on a chick flick while you do it and its not that bad. Good Job on finishing yours, mine is still building. I love reading your posts, keep it up.

Lindsey said...

I detest ironing. I buy Nathan wrinkle free dress shirts and Nathan irons the girls' dresses! I iron maybe once every few months.

Glad to hear your pile is gone and not plaguing you with guilt anymore.

Robyn said...

I never iron--poor Christian! So good for you!

Maile said...

Nice work!! I don't mind ironing while watching a movie or listening to BYU devotionals on my iPod, but I do dislike ironing more than about 6 shirts at a time, so I've been trying to iron one night a week.