You know how some days you just wake up needing a change? Well today was one of those days for me. My hair has been the same for a while and, as I was getting ready this morning, I decided that today was the day for a change. A big change.
I took Parker and Meredith and got them all set up with snacks and prayed that they wouldn't make a scene for however long this was going to take. I told the stylist what I wanted and showed her a picture of how my hair was cut about two years ago, which was a short A-line bob that I loved. She looked at my hair, which has grown quite long, and asked if I was sure I wanted such a drastic change. I assured her that I did and so she said,"Let me measure because if we're cutting off more than 10 inches this cut will be free." Sure enough, it was 10 inches exactly! So, I got a cut that I love for totally free (except for the tip that I gave her) and I was able to donate to Locks of Love on top of it all! So that's the long and the short of it.
P.S. The picture on the left is how my hair was two weeks ago. The picture on the right is the one that I took to have her copy, and she did it exactly the same.


4 comments:
Can't wait to see it!
WOW! I love it! But I think, that's how I remember you, you had your short hair when you lived in Omaha right?? It's so nice to have a change, and to get it for free, even better. Donate to Locks of Love even better still!!!
I think it looks great.
Also, when I donated my hair a few years back (14 inches) she didn't give me a free haircut. Oh well, it was nice to be able to donate it to Locks of Love.
Fun!! I think you look beautiful either way! It's been so long since I've had long hair - since high school, I think. Sometimes I think it would be fun to have long hair but every time my hair reaches my shoulders I get this irresistible urge to cut it. So I got bangs a couple months ago just to do something different. =)
Post a Comment